Writing that all important thank you note.
Your child may be a great little writer, but we all need a little inspiration sometimes. Writing a thank you note can be both a fun task or an absolute chore, depending on your child’s mood and how they feel about sitting down and putting pen to paper. These days it’s so easy to quickly send someone a thank you text or a video, however, I believe that good old snail mail is still the most gratifying and appreciated form of saying thanks. Who doesn’t love receiving a letter in the post?
BUT, sometimes this note writing lark is easier said than done, so if your child needs a few prompts then look no further because help is at hand!
Saying thank you for a present
Here are a few sentences to help you get that thank you card off to a great start!
- Thanks so much for the amazing _______ you gave me, I love it!
- I can’t thank you enough for the present you've me, it’s so useful.
- Thank you for the _________, it really made me smile!
- The present you gave me for my ___________ is so perfect! Thank you for thinking of me.
- I absolutely love the _________ you gave me, you know me so well!
As well as saying thank you, it’s also nice to describe how you feel about it and how you're going to use it. This way the recipient knows how happy it made you and makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside!
Saying thank you for money
We all love receiving money, but saying thank you for it can be awkward…. Here’s a few sentences to get you on your way…
- Thank you so much for the money you sent me, I’m going to put it towards…
- I was so excited to receive the money you gave me as I’ve been saving up for…..
- The money you gave me is the perfect present and I’m going to spend it on something I really need. I'll let you know what I end up getting!
- I’m so happy about the money you sent me. I can’t wait to spend it!
- Money is just what I wanted and thanks so much for being so generous. I know exactly what I’m going to spend it on!
It might be nice to explain a bit more about what you're going to buy or even get back to them at a later date with exactly what you spent it on!
If you need some thank you cards you can browse here.